Product Review websites are plentiful on the internet, but they’re far from all being equal when it comes to honesty and integrity. Many product review sites seem to be unbiased initially, but further inspection indicates their true intent: to only promote products favorably, so they can make money via affiliate links.
Here are some approaches to assess if a site along with its owner(s) are just in it for the money, or if perhaps they offer honest truly neutral, consumer-oriented product reviews:
1. Who Runs the web page? A real review site may have an About/Bio/or Info page that details who owns the web page (and oftentimes why they started it.) A lot of sites that claim to be ‘product review’ sites are very run by affiliates posing as “honest” reviewers, when in fact their sole intent would be to only recommend every product they blog about.
2. Do the Reviewers or Site Owners Get The Products Themselves? This can be a critical factor for review integrity. Much like scientific research, there exists a strong proclivity towards favorable bias of a product when the reviewer did not pay for it himself. The fact that a reviewer pays for the merchandise(s) her or himself speaks volumes with regards to their impartiality and capacity to remain objective during the course of the review.
3. Does the Website Review an Array of Products or Only One? A web site that reviews a variety of products is more prone to be neutral along with a true review website than a site where merely a single item is reviewed. Why would someone visit the trouble of building a web site for just one product and then give it a negative review? Obviously the review is going to be positive (although sometimes they might throw in a negative comment or two to offer the look of being impartial.)
Single-product-sites are popular with affiliate marketers because the major search engines give strong weight to using keywords inside the domain name (url title.) Therefore if the merchandise being reviewed is ‘Acme List Building Secrets’, then utilizing a domain of ‘AcmeListBuildingSecretsReview’ will often give that site an increased position in the major search engines.
4. Carry out the Reviewers Only Have Positive Items to Say regarding the Products They Review? A totally neutral product review website may have both positive and negative reviews. If all the reviews on a site are glowing, and each and every product is endorsed, then there’s a great bet that the reviewer is serving their own interests as opposed to the ones from the buyer.
5. Does the Review Headline Utilize the Word ‘Scam’? This can be a classic tactic used by many unscrupulous reviewers to utilize keywords inside the title or even give the appearance of shoring in the trust factor. A sample headline might read, “Is Acme List Building Secrets a gimmick?” – as it utilizes the keyword phrase inside the title, along with that phrase will mirror what people enter the search box when they have questions about an item.
These are simply several important aspects to look for when assessing the integrity of any product review site. Remember that honest product review sites do exist. Being a a consumer, you need to evaluate a site’s integrity before you decide to trust its reviews.
By creating review websites, you might be branding yourself as being an expert. Readers will follow your recommendations and click on on your suggested links to visit a particular site for more information. Once they do, their cookie will be tracked to your recommendation. You’ll get a commission if they buy. Your expertise is a lot more assured in case you have had personal experience with the item and can mention a few of its chief benefits and features in your review.
On your consumer product review sites, you can even add an author’s resource section if you like. It is not necessary, nevertheless it will add to your credibility. The more relevant your experience towards the niche, the better it is going to enhance ejyyqi status as an expert. Reviewing certain services or products tells the reader that you will be searching for interests by having looked at the business on their behalf. You may have checked it for them. You might have done the due diligence.
Newspapers and magazines have cinema or restaurant reviews, so establishing yourself being a reviewer of various websites associated with your sector is an idea which is not too alien for many people to feel relaxed with. Becoming an online reviewer of online services or products is definitely an easily acceptable strategy.